Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ah, the life!



As I surveyed my new place this morning, sipping my coffee and watching Angus run around outside untethered, I realized that there is absolutely no better place to be. Not only am I content, I am absolutely blissed out.

Being single was something that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed. After bouncing from relationship to relationship, I was more than a little leery about all of the "me" time. There really hasn't been much of it, when I really think about it, but when I am alone with nothing to do, my head is a good place to be.

School, work, Angus, my (incredibly awesome and sweet and funny) landlady, her dog, my friends, and settling in all leave not much room for boredom. Plus I've got a new buddy.

Would you like to know about her?

Well, I'll have to backtrack for a moment to really give you the whole story...

I attended a marvelous get together in October that some of you may know -Women's Week in Ptown. While I was enjoying a lovely state of alcohol-induced happiness and waiting for the (now) ex to finish using the facilities, I overheard a group of newcomers giggling that someone "had to be the lookout." Being the incredibly shy person that I am, I immediately volunteered my services -having no idea what they were up to. Turns out they had some nips that needed to be swallowed -of course, after my lookout duties were complete I had to offer my esophagus and gullet as well. Ex comes out of the bathroom, looks at me skeptically (yeah, she was a barrel of freaking fun), and I introduce her to my new found friends.

We ended up heading to the bar with the girls and found out more about them. Two of them are married, and the other couple is engaged. Well, how amazing is this? I'm ordained! It is decided that the best place to meet the person who will officiate at your gay wedding is the bar.

So, through the breakup with the ex I continue to chat with the girls online and on the phone. The night that I moved out of the ex's place, I imbibed (of course) and got very chatty by text and bemoaned the whole being-alone-on-my-birthday thing. What's that, Dizzabeth? Oh, hmm... just so happens we have a friend...

So. I've been talking to this friend of theirs since then. Text, email, phone, etc. A was a bit worried at first about the age thing (I'm seven years older), but as I'm getting to know her, I am impressed, and have to mention a bit intrigued. We haven't yet met, but this Saturday is the plan...

Did I mention that she's incredibly cute? Well, I wouldn't want you to miss out on that: she is *incredibly* cute.

I really have to remember how much I'm enjoying being single... I really have to remember...

What was it that I was supposed to remember?



No comments:

Post a Comment